Everything about that girl was a lie.

Everything about that girl was a lie.

Everything about that girl was a lie. Harsha Navalkar poems Daily Experience blogs


I was walking down the street
in the afternoon heat of July
I was feeling hungry
and so, I entered a restaurant nearby.

I saw a girl passing by
She sat in front of me.  

She had big beautiful eyes
But I thought she was a little shy

I wanted to begin the conversation
But I thought “Would she reply?”

She had ordered fries, coke and an apple pie
and I was still looking at the menu

After some time,
I finally had the guts to say “Hii”
But by that time, she had finished her meal,
 she said “Good-Bye”.

The waiter patted on my shoulder
and said “Sir, your order please?”
And at that moment I realized,
Everything about that girl was a lie.
I thought that I was the most stupid guy.




Read more poems CLICK HERE 


Do you have any specific topic on which I should write? Then do not forget to mention in the comments section below.