Please educate

Please Educate

 As usual like everyday after my college got over, I left the college and reached station. There were 10 minutes for the train to arrive on the platform. There were 4 ladies sitting on the bench .Those ladies were vegetable seller,  ladies accessories seller, chocolates and chikki seller.

All were around in 50's. They were chit chatting and meanwhile doing their businesses. Then there came a man. He said those ladies that on the auspicious day of dasshera, the workers community is arranging a small puja and lunch would also be provided. He was requesting them to give donations.

He had a notebook and a pen where people who had paid had been noted. Those ladies after much denial to the invitation eventually agreed to pay.
The man said them to write their names in the book. They laughed and said "We can't write. We are illiterate". The chocolate seller said "That girl can write our names."(pointing to me).I wrote their names in the book and the man left after collecting the money.
After the man went ,they again started their chats.

The vegetable seller lady said "I didn't get the chance to study. Whenever, I used to go to the school, my mom used to beat me and drag me from the school."

The other ladies replied " (shocked expressions)What, beat you ?"
The vegetable seller lady continued " Yes,She never let me study. She used to say that you should sit at home, do all the household chores,take care of the small children,  then come to the field and help us. I never got the opportunity to  study .she used to say that what you'll do by studying, any way you are not going to be barrister. "

The chocolate seller asked "Is your mom still alive? "

" Yaa,she is still alive and fit and fine like me and you know what, she is crying now looking at my condition. Sitting on the platforms and selling vegetables.She regrets, if she would have made me educated, I would have been in a better condition. She's also proud of me that despite such conditions, still I'm taking good care of her while my other siblings fled. ...."

The vegetable seller was telling the chocolate seller "You are at least lucky in the point that you never lived in a village. Ask me,I lived in village ,there I had to do all the field works in the scorching sun daily ....."

I wanted to hear more about her life. The conversations were still going on but my train  arrived so I had to leave.
Listening to her awful condition , I thought that I'm so privileged to have  wonderful parents. I know to read, write because of them. "

Education is very essential for each and every individual. 

Please share this link and let others know the importance of education.
Harsha Navalkar blog please educate


Ps- The image is for representative purpose.

Want to read more such posts CLICK HERE

Love & Sparkle,
Harsha Navalkar